Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's not often that a person hears they are gorgeous - especially by a complete stranger. I'm not kidding. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

As I'm walking down the street to Walgreens yesterday (for some very gorgeous allergy medicine) this is how the brief conversation went:

He: Wow, you are gorgeous (as he comes around the corner at me)

Me: You scared the hell out of me

He: Sorry but someone has to tell you that you're beautiful

Me: Uh, thanks

He: I'm Gary, and you are?

Me: Going to be late

He: Going to work?

Me: No, to get allergy medicine

He: Do you live around here?

Me: Sorry, you are the last kind of guy I need to meet but thanks for the compliment and have a nice day

He: Can I take you to dinner sometime?

Me: (over my shoulder) I think you need to have your eyes checked.

Apparently he has just moved here from Florida and is making new friends by walking around downtown and introducing himself to strange women. Who knows, it might work. He might just get lucky.

No comments: