Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Transition

The transition has been easier than I expected in some ways. The job is very busy and I'm catching on fast. There is no shortage of things to keep me occupied all day and every day is different. Before I know it the day has flown by and it's 5:00. Home has also come together nicely. I left a lot of stuff back in Helena so the new place has empty space but I kind of like it this way.

The transition has also been harder than I expected in some ways. I don't know anyone and so I've been feeling pretty lonely for the most part. I've gone on a lot of walks with the dog and started a Netflix account to keep me occupied for now. Hopefully I'll get involved with the ultimate frisbee group and possibly join the gym that is two blocks from my house.

I know it hasn't been that long but it definitely doesn't feel like home yet. I know where the grocery store is and the post office and my bank and the library and the sushi place and the mall but I don't feel like I'm home here. I miss my friends. I miss Jess. I miss being able to call people and hang.

I'm definitely not at home yet.

No comments: