Thursday, January 11, 2007

Conversations in the locker room...

Her: I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Me: You might not be doing anything wrong. Guys are different than women. They don't feel the need to talk all the time, even if it's just to check in and see how things are going.

Her: But he never calls me.

Me: Do you call him?

Her: Sometimes but not often. I guess I think that if he wants to talk to me that he'll call me.

Me: A friend of mine used to call me all the time but it got to be a little overwhelming I think. I mean, he works, I work. What are we going to talk about everyday? Our boring days at work? Still, hearing from him once or twice a week would be nice but would you rather have him call because he wants to or because he feels obligated to?

Her: Because he wants to.

Me: Exactly! So if it bothers you that much, ask him about it. Maybe he's working. I don't think guys realize that we tend to feel neglected if they don't make some kind of effort on a regular basis. Then again, maybe we give them too much credit and make excuses. We speculate as to whether he's busy or maybe he's just a dick or maybe, just maybe, he really isn't in to us like we would hope...

*silence*

Me: Just talk to him.

No comments: