Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

I got miles of trouble spreadin' far and wide
Bills on the table gettin' higher and higher
They just keep on comin', there ain't no end in sight
I'm just holdin' on tight

It has been an interesting year. Great at times, bad at others. As most days, months and years go. I have been so fortunate in ways. I live in an area that I love and have people in my life that I love. Through the good times and the bad times they have seen me through.

I got someone who loves me more than words can say
And I'm thankful for that each and every day
And if I count all my blessings, I get a smile on my face

Os has been an unfailing friend to me. Since my move to the Flathead we haven't had the opportunity to see each other hardly at all. Usually my trips to Helena are occupied with someone who needs my attention a little more than Os does. Fortunately for me he knows that even though we might not get a chance to stop and have that beer, I still love him.

But if you can look in my eyes
And tell me we'll be alright
If you promise never to leave
You just might make me believe

Since the first time I met him DWG has been as kind and generous as any friend could ever be. He gives of his time and his heart and anything else he has that I need without question or reservation. Recently he sent me an email with an extremely generous gift attached. I don't know how to possibly thank him enough for the friend he has been to me.

It's just day to day tryin' to make ends meet
What I'd give for an address out on Easy Street
I need a deep margarita to help me unwind
Leave my troubles behind

Recently I decided to apply for a job back in Helena. If I get it the move is a positive one for a variety of reasons. My mom is taking care of my dad full time now and the burden is not going to get easier. Plus, Jess and her little man are back there and every day that passes is a day of his life that I'm not going to get back. He's not old enough to know it now but soon he will be. Because of that, if God leads me back to Helena, I will go. However, it is not without a heavy heart.

But if you can look in my eyes
And tell me we'll be alright
If you promise never to leave
You just might make me believe

Which brings me to K. What to say about K. I am very fond of him. He will be my one real regret about leaving here. Sure, we will still see each other and there will be trips back and forth just like before but what I really hope for is...

if you can look in my eyes
And tell me we'll be alright
If you promise never to leave
You just might make me believe

No comments: