Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mmmmm...

I untangled legs and arms from the blankets, the cool air brushing over me as I rolled over in bed. It felt so good to sleep in and the view from my one open eye indicated that it was still dark outside and therefore not time to get out of bed yet.

As I rolled on to my right side I could see light coming from the patio doors in the living room. WTF? Who is shining their headlights outside my house and why are they so bright?

I sat upright in bed for a better look and through blurred vision and foggy brain I sought the clock on the shelf. 9:30? Yikes a bee, 9:30 in the morning? That's sunshine not lights. I slept until 9:30 without interruption, without disruption. No trips to the kitchen for a glass of water. No bathroom break. Just solid sleep, lounging in my bed with the warmth that only body heat can generate inside a soft, sweet shell of flannel and down comforter.

Mmmmm!

No comments: