Sunday, August 05, 2007

Huckleberry Crisp

Last weekend while Moose and I were camping in Glacier we stopped and bought cherries and I picked up some huckleberries. I just found this yummy and so simple recipe for Huckleberry Crisp. Remind me to make it for you sometime (yeah, I cook occasionally).

Filling ~
3 cups huckleberries (fresh or frozen)
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar

Topping~
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)

Directions~
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place huckleberries in large bowl
In separate bowl mix 3 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 cup sugar. Pour mixture over the huckleberries and toss gently to coat. Pour fruit mixture into greased 7 x 11 baking dish.
In separate bowl mix topping ingredients until crumbly and sprinkle over fruit mixture.
Bake for 50 - 55 minutes.
Serve warm or cooled - with ice cream or whipped cream if you really want to make it decadent.

I didn't get nearly enough huckleberries for all the things I want to try. Hopefully when I get back to the Glacier area I will still be able to buy some.

Have good days!

No comments: