Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Couple of things....

Happy Birthday MJ!






A week after my dad died my friend DWG's mother passed away. We haven't spoken much since those two events, couple of messages back and forth etc.

I guess I haven't felt much like being the social butterfly. I would imagine that he feels the same. Anywho, DWG, if you are reading this know that I am thinking about you and am here whenever you need me.






I don't want to sound like a broken record but you hear people say after the loss of a loved one that they would want just one more minute, one more day. It's true. What I wouldn't give for one more minute to look into my dads eyes and tell him that I love him and for him to know that its true and sincere. I miss him!

8 comments:

Deech said...

My Sincerest Condolences Red....

Phoenix said...

I'm so sorry, Rachel. Rest assured that I'm taking your post to heart and am definitely inspired to tell those I love that I love them. I never want to want another day for people to know that I care about them.

Thanks for sharing your honesty and strength through this.

The Smoking Redhead said...

Thanks. I find that I'm having a harder time with this than I ever thought I would.

Phoenix said...

First of all, because I'm a nerd: meant to say "never want to WAIT another day." Sorry, was raised by two copy-editors. I'm neurotic.

Second of all, wanted to just ask: do you have someone to talk to about all this? An impartial acquaintance or friend who won't get all emotional on you or try to fix it for you but will just sit quietly and listen?

The Smoking Redhead said...

Phoenix, yeah, probably.

I'm ok, just sad sometimes, ya know?

DWG said...

Rachel, Thanks so much for your friendship.

I hope you realize that I had to create some type of account to leave this post. Sheesh, the sacrifices I make for you ;)

The Smoking Redhead said...

DWG, hehe...you know you really wanted an excuse to get back in the game.

;)

Maggie May said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad.