Monday, January 12, 2009

I tossed and turned. On to my right side, the pillow nice and cool against my face. Sleep would not come. I rolled over on to my back, looking up at the solar system mobile hanging above the bed. Finally I turned on to my left side, my face buried in the pillow that I'd pulled down next to me.

This went on for an hour or so. Unable to find just the right position to fall asleep in. No matter what I tried sleep would not come. The dog crept up to curl into my chest. Within minutes I envied the slight snoring sound she made, jealous of how easily and quickly she found a warm spot to nestle into and drift off.

I tried every position, every configuration of blankets, every arrangement of pillows and still sleep would not come.

I didn't sleep very well without you there.

No comments: