Monday, June 26, 2006

Things that go bump in the night

Drifting off to sleep last night, all comfy and cozy, completely dark and still...




until the pounding on the bedroom window and the flashlights shining in. WTF!?!

The dogs start going crazy, lights are flashing, I'm wide awake and go running for the door in my damn underwear and tank top, planning to do I don't know what to I don't know who when everything stops.

Lunatics? Alien invasion? Visions of "The Hills Have Eyes" that I saw a few months ago start running around in my mind (ok, well the parts I saw when I didn't have my eyes covered and head buried).


I stand there for a few seconds wondering what the hell happened when I hear this loud popping noise along with more "pounding". The damn neighbors were letting off fireworks.

They continued to shoot off fireworks for another half hour. It took me forever to get my heart started again and the dogs calmed down.

I am so glad I don't live out in the valley all the time. I've also found out that in the burbs they sit on their porches a lot. I went for a run last night and felt like I was on display.

Hehe...the hot tub is nice, the trampoline is even fun but I am ready to go home!

No comments: