Sunday, October 07, 2007

Waiting...

I've been waiting. Along with other friends near and far. Waiting for what we all prepared for. Waiting for what she prepared for. Can you ever really prepare? I've never been in the situation of waiting for a loved one to pass away. I know we've all been trying to be supportive and helpful but there is only so much we can do. She knows we love her, she knows we care.

I found myself praying that it doesn't happen today. If it couldn't have been yesterday at least make it tomorrow or Tuesday, not today, not on her birthday. I know what that feels like. I know it hasn't been the birthday celebration she was looking forward to and that makes me sad as well.

We'll continue to wait, friends from afar. Waiting and praying and hoping to provide some comfort when we can. Waiting for news that we know is coming. We just don't know when.

No comments: